Paleo Turkey Hash
Paleo Turkey Hash - a healthy, gluten-free, egg-free breakfast that's easy to make and seriously delicious! Check out the recipe to find out how to make a tasty breakfast that will fuel you for hours!
- 1 large potato peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp butter coconut oil, lard, etc
- 1 Roma tomato diced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 cup ground turkey about 1/4 lb of
- 1 jalapeno diced
- Large handful of arugula
- salt and pepper to taste
Melt the fat in a pan over medium to medium-high heat and add the potatoes.
The potatoes will take the longest to cook and you want to make sure they're soft in the middle when this dish is finally done. I cooked them alone for about ten minutes, stirring regularly so they didn't get stuck to the bottom of the pan.
Then add the tomato and onion. Cook until they've softened.
Add the turkey and make sure it's cooked completely.
Add the arugula and jalapeño. I like to add these at the end because the arugula cooks quickly and the jalapeño just needs to be heated, not fully cooked.
- Serve your Ground Turkey Hash as is, or top with a fried egg.
- Use a large skillet for this recipe. A larger cooking surface allows for more roasting aromas. A smaller skillet is likely to get too crowded and you’ll end up with sad, soggy vegetables.
- To make your morning less stressful you can chop up all the vegetables ahead of time. Dice your veggies the night before and store them in the fridge overnight.
Serving: 1servingCalories: 308kcalCarbohydrates: 17gProtein: 30gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 92mgSodium: 172mgPotassium: 885mgFiber: 3gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 715IUVitamin C: 26.7mgCalcium: 38mgIron: 4.3mg