GAPS & Paleo Snickerdoodle Cookies
Snickerdoodle Cookies (Paleo, Primal, Grain and Gluten-Free) - omit cinnamon to make sugar cookies!
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil or butter I use expeller pressed, no coconut flavor
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup raw honey add a tablespoon or two for a sweeter cookie
- 1 tablespoon GF vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1.5 tablespoons coconut sugar
Preheat oven to 350.
Mix all ingredients.
Form batter into about 12 balls and press onto cookie sheet (helpful to use parchment paper).
Sprinkle the topping over the cookies.
Bake for about 15 minutes (my oven cooks slowly).
- To get the perfect texture I recommend hand mixing the dough, as opposed to beating it with a mixer.
- Make sure your butter and eggs are at room temperature. This step makes it easier to mix the butter by hand and also benefits the final cookie texture.
- Check that your baking soda is fresh. Expired baking ingredients will compromise the final cookie.
- Omit cinnamon to make sugar cookies or add some Chai Spice to make them Chai Snickerdoodle Cookies
Serving: 1cookieCalories: 161kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 4gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 31mgPotassium: 8mgFiber: 2gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 20IUCalcium: 46mgIron: 0.8mg