Easy, Healthy Chili Recipe with Ground Beef
You can make this easy healthy chili recipe in your slow cooker or crockpot! If you're impatient, just simmer it on the stovetop! It is packed with protein from grass-fed beef and plenty wholesome thanks to the added veggies! Serve with your favorite chili toppings!
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 1 onion diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp chili
- 1 tsp chipotle powder I like a smoky chili
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp cayenne for spicy chili
- 2 cups bone broth
- 2 tbsp butter or ghee for paleo
Sautee the olive oil, onion, pepper and garlic over medium heat until soft.
Add the beef, breaking it apart and browning it a bit.
Once browned a bit but not fully cooked, add the rest of the ingredients.
Let it simmer until the broth has evaporated, about 45 minutes.
Top with butter or ghee and mix in. I just love butter.
- Top with grass-fed cheddar and fresh jalapeno. Avocado would be good too.
- Though store-bought broth is quicker and easier, I do recommend you start making your own bone broth for recipes like this.
- Can't imagine a chili without beans? Add 1 cup of cooked black beans to the recipe.
- If you are not huge on beef, feel free to make this chili recipe with ground turkey!
Serving: 1gCalories: 881kcalCarbohydrates: 24gProtein: 51gFat: 64gSaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 191mgSodium: 580mgPotassium: 1492mgFiber: 5gSugar: 13gVitamin A: 3600IUVitamin C: 110.1mgCalcium: 131mgIron: 7.7mg