Author

Rachel Cooley

Browsing

Natural Remedies For An Ear Infection

Earlier this week I woke up with throbbing pain in my left ear. I thought that I slept on it wrong and went about my business. But a few hours later, my ear was pulsing with pain. It was constantly aching. And intermittently, it felt like someone was stabbing my ear from the inside. The entire left side of my face hurt. It hurt to swallow. I knew what this was: an ear infection. Thank God for my arsenal of natural remedies for an ear infection because by the next day, I was almost back to normal. Ages ago I purchased these natural remedies for an ear infections in case my son, Everett happened to get one. He’s a baby. It’s not uncommon for them. Last November, he spiked a fever and had labored breathing. I took him to urgent care, where they diagnosed an ear infection. They sent me…

Gluten-Free Mexican Pizza

I have a confession. I used to get drunk and go to Taco Bell as a teenager. The Mexican Pizza was my JAM. My friend Ali (still one of my closest friends) and I would blast Notorious B.I.G. and giggle and stuff our faces with Taco Bell. You see? This is why I needed to eventually become a nutritionist! I definitely needed a lifestyle change. Which leads to my new favorite recipe: Gluten-Free Mexican Pizza. Taco Bell is kind of notoriously bad food. They use horrible quality meat. In fact, their beef is only 88% beef. Curious what’s in the other 12%? You should be. Because it’s gross. maltodextrin (from GMO corn) tortula yeast (a processed yeast-like fungus) modified corn starch (more GMOs) soy lecithin (from GMO soy) sodium phosphate lactic acid caramel color (a carcinogen) trehalose (a preservative) Yes, Taco Bell beef has not one ingredient, but nine. Nine…

Paleo Breakfast Taco

I am deeply in love with this paleo breakfast taco. It’s low-carb, healthy, gluten-free and DELICIOUS. It’s easy to throw together in the AM, it’s full of fiber, protein, probiotics healthy fats. The protein is from the eggs. I used one in this picture but I recommend two. Eggs have 7 grams of protein each and don’t you dare throw out that yolk. The yolks also contain protein but more importantly, the contain choline, omega-3s and vitamins. They are SO much more nutrition than the whites. If anyone ever tells you to eat egg whites – run, do not walk, away from their shitty advice. Avocados pack a healthy dose of fiber! In addition to being a healthy fat. Depending on the size, an avocado contains roughly 10 grams of fiber. That’s a lot of fiber! The probiotics are from both the fermented spicy cabbage and the sour cream. God…